Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Group of Four Trees


I am still working on the roof, and will be for two more days, so my posts will be photographs that I have done recently. This sculpture is called "Group of Four Trees" by Jean Dubuffet and it is located in The Chase Manhattan Bank Plaza in the Financial District in Downtown Manhattan. I photographed it a number of ways, and this view is the most abstract. You really can't tell from this photo what the sculpture looks like. I did a photo that showed all of the sculpture, but liked this because it was more mysterious. The only identifiable thing is the skyscraper seen through openings in the sculpture.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This photo fascinates me -- like looking up through Alice's rabbit hole.

Anonymous said...

What is the sculpture made of? Looks awesome!

Ken Spencer said...

I believe that the outer surface is something like fiberglass, and it is on an aluminum frame, which is supported by steel beams. The surface of the sculpture is kind of shiny, sort of like a badly made fiberglass boat.