Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Brothers At Play!


This photo was fun! The last afternoon I was there, there were a number of photographs that the brothers suggested I might want to take. When we were done with all the "official" ones, they confessed to me there was one photo they had always wanted to do. Two of the brothers are good photographers, so they understand visualizing a photo. They explained that there is a windmill on the property, and they always wanted a silhouette photo of all of them and the windmill at sunset. They were hoping for a wonderful sunset with clouds, which was not to be. But no matter, we had fun nonetheless. They would assume a pose, I would snap a photo and show them the image in the camera, and then they would make suggestions to improve it. This image is my favorite. But the best part of it all was to see their enthusiasm and the absolute delight they had in the process itself. It was a joy for me to see them at play!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Ken for some incredibly interesting and moving shots. It sounds to me like it was also a moving experience for you.

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you for the kind words. This was an assignment unlike any other. It was rich in subject matter, and for me, it was moving seeing the life the brothers live, and having glimpsed a small part of their lives, one of those assignments that brings up so many questions about the meaning of life. It doesn't get any better than this!