Friday, October 24, 2008

Exotica


So here is some good news - I have a new photo that I actually took today! I was at Photo Plus Expo at the Javits Center in Manhattan. It is a huge convention with all kinds of photo equipment on display. At this booth of an electronic flash manufacturer they have this model made up in an exotic fashion posing in this picture frame, and lit by their flash units. If you have a real camera, they give you an electronic trigger to attach to your camera so you can take photographs of the model using their lighting setup. I only had my toy camera with me and couldn't use their flash units. That was OK, though because I didn't like their white background, so by shooting available light from the side, the model is seen against a black background, which I think makes for a more dramatic portrait. Pretty lady, don't you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very dramatic...which is why your photos are so great. I cannot imagine a white background...you would loose so much. I love that you follow your own eye!
Joan