Saturday, October 11, 2008

Stations of the Cross


When you first enter the public area on the grounds of the Hermitage, you pass statues of the Stations of the Cross on pedestals in a wonderful glade of Live Oak trees. It is a lovely area, suited to contemplation. There is something about the angled trunks of the trees that give the scene an almost unearthly look. I thought this photograph was more effective if seen in black and white instead of color. Please click on this to see more detail in a larger image. As a note, I may be "off the grid" for a day or two, and then will continue to post new photographs from my visit when I return.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Ab.So.Lute.Ly. Perfect. Great call on the black and white. I love it. I assume now I'll love every photo from the Hermitage though, won't I...