Sunday, October 26, 2008

Church


It is interesting to me how something catches my eye, and then how I decide that it might make a photograph. I work intuitively, and later on try to figure out my thought process. I was early for church today and was surprised how few people were sitting in the pews when I sat down. There was this woman in front of me, and I normally would not have taken any special notice of her, except that she was wearing a jacket that was the color of her hair, and her hair was the color of the pews, and there was no one next to her or in the two pews in front of her. There was something about the monochromatic color that caught my attention. Then I noticed the gentle curves of her hair, and decided it was worth a photo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not one of my favorite pictures but I had to laugh at your write-up - reads like a detective novel :-)

Noelle Kirchner said...

Ken, May I use this picture on my blog? I am discussing female ordination in a particular post, and this would be great. Noelle Kirchner