Sunday, September 13, 2009

Carnival


I went down by the water after sunset and was surprised to see a ferris wheel all lit up across the harbor. Since it was such a long way away, I had to turn around and drive back to the house, and try and find my 300mm f/2.8 lens. I think it took me nearly 20 minutes of digging around to find it! When I got back to the harbor with my long lens and tripod, I started taking pictures. the ferris wheel was not moving at the time. I thought the photo looked pretty good. But then it started to turn and I made some longer exposures to get the blur - I was amazed to look at the final photographs, and realize how much better the blurred version was!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this.

Anonymous said...

Very cool photo! I love it!
Joan

trace said...

what a pretty picture!

Anonymous said...

Great photo! Looks like silk fabric on the water. bsk

Ken Spencer said...

Wow! FOUR compliments! I was going to stop shooting, but now I am rejuvenated, so will continue! :-)

Anonymous said...

The bursts of colors and distinctive shapes make this photo so hypnotizing. It is amazing that even with such disparate shapes, the image is so well put together - Beautiful!