Saturday, September 26, 2009

Tower & Cloud


I drove out to Southold today, on the North Fork of Long Island, because I was invited to speak at the Custer Astronomy Jamboree. I was looking for photos on the way out, but was a bit pressed for time, and hadn't found anything by the time I arrived at the High School where the event was held. As I was walking in to the school, I looked up and saw this scene - I was taken by the bright white cupola on the High School, and the single cloud. I also looked for a photo on the way home, but it was night and I didn't find anything.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I had the ability you have to see anything in everything you see-if that makes sense. Maybe I need to stop and take the time to see things.
Thanks for showing us things we don't see.
Neen

Ken Spencer said...

Hi Neen: Thanks for the nice comments. I have been meaning to write you and mention your stunning tribute to your dad! Wow! THAT was wonderful. By a writer, about a writer... :-)
(for those of you who wonder what this is about, go here, please, and read Maureen's tribute to her dad: < neenhogan.blogspot.com > and read "A Good Role Model.")