Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Dumb Idea...


I was driving to my astronomy meeting tonight, and thought maybe I should try and take a blog photo. So I grabbed my camera, and set it on a slow shutter speed, and tried to take a picture out the window, to give a sense of speed, as I drove down the road. I got some interesting things, but they were not THAT interesting. Then I thought I should try and be more creative in some way. After a while I considered intentionally trying to blur the photo by kind of waving the camera around during a long exposure. Oh, while driving down the road... :-( What made some photos more interesting than others was the kind of lights in the background. Street lights, car lights, traffic lights, and who knows what else. So this is my favorite image of all. Oh, I did get home in one piece, you will no doubt be pleased to know.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stupid driving, but very cool picture. This is art! Looks like freeform neon. Dazzling. Love it.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Anonymous! Do you talk on a cell phone while driving too....or just waving your camera around like a nut?
Joan :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow, love the colors. Reminds me of a carnival. Was that what your drive was like?

Di

Ken Spencer said...

No, my drive was straight and true, and slower than the speed limit... :-) I may take photographs while driving, but I never intentionally speed...

Anonymous said...

This is a great shot. It has a playful quality to it. Just be careful with your creativity while driving!

Anonymous said...

I like the design and colors - it's fun. You must have looked pretty funny yourself waving your camera around in your car...bsk