Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Me


Ho Hum. It's just me. Except, it is multiple reflections of me in a sculpture by Anish Kapoor, on display at the Met. It is titled "Untitled, 2007" It is a concave mirror, made up of a large number of small hexagonal mirrors. This big mirror has a "focal point" and when you stand in front of it, and move closer, the image in the large mirror changes dramatically. At one point you fill the entire mirror. At another point, you are upside down. At this point, you see multiple images of yourself. I guess this would be awesome for an egomaniac! (Or, in my case, just a curious person.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the effect. It's so sci-fi. Way cool.

Anonymous said...

Did you take the photo of yourself in the mirror? It appears that someone is looking through the other side of glass.
Cool.
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

I took it with the camera I am holding in my hands. I am not looking through the viewfinder. I had to do it a couple of times and see how accurate I was in my aim.