Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My Little Project






I haven't taken any photos for the blog in the last two days because I am back to my roofing project. Working like a dog, because rain is due tomorrow. I had to tear off two layers of old asphalt shingles. Then I found some of the roof sheathing was rotted. I cut the bad wood out, and then discovered that one end of one of the rafters was partially rotted as well. So it started out simple, but took a lot longer that I planned. I am half way done with putting on the new shingles for this section. Looks nice, doesn't it?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks Good - You are a jack of all trades! I am proud of you. Good thing you retired.
Joan

Anonymous said...

It looks so professional. Are you sure you don't travel?

Di

Anonymous said...

Your gifts are never ending!
All done with such perfection.

Anonymous said...

you're a bloody craftsman, you are! shame you don't hire out.

Ken Spencer said...

Thanks to all for the compliments. I do have to tell you all this - this project was not much fun to do. It is rewarding to look at after it is finished, but doing it was a lot of work! I really only did it to save money. I have done the garage, and the house, and now the back room. I saved a fortune. but this was a workout and a half - I have been working on this for three years! So even if I hired out, you wouldn't want me working on YOUR house, at my rate of speed!