Saturday, January 1, 2011

California Gold Mine


"California Gold Mine" as in a gold mine of photographs! It is always easier to find photographs when I am away from home, of course. I was seeing photographs everywhere! Every time I turned around, I saw something new. We went to the Venice Farmer's Market, and I ran into this man, selling his self-published book of photographs for $50. It was full of wonderful old photographs of Venice back through history. I talked to him for about 20 minutes and learned a lot. I wish I could have bought his book, but I have too many already, sad to say. I know he could have used the money... I asked if I could take his photograph, and he agreed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on staying strong knowing you do have too many books! Good thing I was not there...looking at him, I would have purchased it!
:-)
Joan