Thursday, January 6, 2011

Electric Avenue


Since first coming to Venice three years ago, I have seen the street signs for "Electric Avenue" which runs parallel to Abbot Kinney, where Abbot's Habit is located. The "habit" is a great coffee shop with wonderful coffee and pastries, and lots of interesting visitors. It is where we have breakfast most days. Anyhow, I saw this palm tree with the telephone poles behind the tree, and liked the combination. There was a song from a number of years ago called "Electric Avenue" by Eddie Grant, and I had always assumed that it was based on this street. Imagine my shock when I just went to check on Wikipedia, and found that the song was based on a different Electric Avenue in London, England! What a shock and disappointment... :-)

1 comment:

Photodude Images said...

At least Electric Avenue gave you a shock. ;-) BTW, that's one ugly tree.