Sunday, January 2, 2011

Industrial Landscape


I love the fog - the moody, atmospheric magic that transforms landscapes. So when I woke this morning to see a 20 foot thick blanket of fog sitting on top of the snowy ground my radar started scanning. First thing I photographed was the Japanese maple in the side yard. Then I went by the water, and saw some trees reflected in the harbor which was as calm and reflective as a mirror. Then I crossed these railroad tracks on the way to the bagel store. It was this shot that stopped me. There is something about the industrial landscape that fascinates me. I love the natural landscape of course, but when I see an industrial landscape I find it a nice change of pace. I am not sure what it was exactly that caught my eye - I guess the fog which caused the tracks to disappear, but it was the power poles and the wires that really convinced me this was worth stopping to photograph.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful image

Unknown said...

Nice shot. I like your term "industrial landscape" and made me wonder about why I too am enamoured by it