Monday, January 24, 2011

The Glass Forest


It was seven degrees this morning. Whew! I can always tell when it is really cold, because there will be frost on the windowpanes. And the patterns are always pretty amazing. I photographed the frost on three different windows this morning and each one was better than the last. This is my favorite. It reminds me of a forest of conifers on a hillside. I have posted the image in a fairly large size, so please click on the image to see it much larger, and to see the details of some of the crystals.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful forest! I am glad it is a little warmer today although the predicted snow squall is turning into inches.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! I may have to change my screen saver from the snow covered Japanese Maple to this one...bsk