Friday, January 14, 2011

Power Plant, Setting Sun


I was crossing the Roslyn Viaduct late this afternoon, and spotted the power plant lit by the afternoon sun. So I got off the bridge and drove up the road on the opposite side of the harbor, looking for a place to photograph the plant. I stopped at one place but the view had junk in the water. Then I noticed Bar Beach park was open so drove in there and all the way to the water. What luck! I got to clear, calm water which was reflecting the plant like a mirror! What a stunning sight! I love the natural world, but I sure love the industrial landscape as well. And this light makes all this machinery look even more stunning. I have uploaded a slightly larger image, so please click on it to see it in more detail.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have captured the natural world and the industrial landscape together beautifully. I find power plants intriguing, having worked at 2 of them and knowing how they operate is fascinating.

Ken Spencer said...

Thanks for your comment. I love all kinds of huge man-made projects - power plants, bridges, skyscrapers, ships and of course abandoned buildings.

Chuck said...

Very nice, Ken.