Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sublime, and COLD!


I was watching the weather radar on my computer last night late, and I didn't think we were going to get that much snow. Imagine my surprise to wake this morning to about 9 or 10 inches of stuff. OK, OK, I know all of you in Connecticut got 22 inches! Yikes! Took a while to do the driveway - a neighbor loaned me his snow blower, so I did our driveway, and parts of 2 others. Then I went for a walk to the water later on in the day to see what I could see. The clouds in the sky were very complex - different clouds at different levels. It made such a magnificent scene. I have photographed these benches before with their red bows, but the bows stand out so much better against the snow, even if they are pretty beat up after all this time out in the weather.

2 comments:

Bunny said...

Ken, We got 12 inches at Mystic and my golden retriever couldn't have been cuter. What a Snow Dog! I know we all got slammed by this one, but when you don't have a driveway big enough to put all the snow it certainly become a challenge to figure out where to shovel the excess. It was a wonderful way to spend my 31st wedding anniversary!! WOW!!! How time flies!!!! - Bunny

Ken Spencer said...

Hi Bunny:

Joan said that she got about 18 inches, and other parts of the Nutmeg state got up to 22 inches! Yikes! Wow, 31 years! Congratulations! These days that is such a wonderful accomplishment! You guys both get a gold star!!!