Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Juggler


I was at LaGuardia airport waiting to board my flight to Dallas Fort Worth and Tucson. I saw this fellow standing motionless, with a red ball balanced on his fingers. He stood there as if he were a statue. I looked at him, then went back to my reading. Then I caught motion out of the corner of my eye. He was rolling the ball back and forth across the top of his arm, and then he rolled it up the side of his head. By now I had the toy camera out and started shooting. I liked this shot. So naturally I had to go talk to him - he is a juggler, and was on the way to San Antonio to do a couple of shows But get this, in college he trained to be an astrophysicist!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As Kekulé said, "chance favors the prepared mind." did you get his name? Sam's curious again... .

ken schwarz said...

Interesting career path from a want-to-be astrophysicist to juggler. I guess the red orb is the connection.

Ken Spencer said...

I didn't get his name, but I thought his history was more interesting.