Saturday, October 1, 2011

The End of the World as We Know It


I went to the bike store after I photographed the sailboat and the coming storm yesterday. When I left the bike store, the storm had passed through, and this is what I saw! It is the backside of the gust front that led the cold front. I had to shoot quickly because it was moving away fast. What made the picture more interesting was that it was really dark out, and the cars all had their headlights on. I should tell you that this is not the start of a week of thunderstorm photos... :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But I love thunderstorm photos, especially ones with such a dramatic sky and the color contrast between the ordinary lights of the cars and the sweeping darkness above it. It's wonderful

Diane

Anonymous said...

"this is not the start of a week of thunderstorm photos..."
that is funny.. but it would be ok if it was a week of thunderstorm photos.. they are very cool, as diane stated.. :)

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you both. I was laughing when I typed in that it would not be a week of thunderstorm photos... :-)