Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Two For The Price of One



While having dinner a week or so ago, I noticed this one Chrysanthemum stem hanging out of the top of the vase. I was immediately attracted to this because, although I love flowers, I am really attracted to flowers that are fading. So this spoke to me as a good subject. I found a nice place on the radiator in the living room, between the windows. I did the first shot. But I kept thinking about the vase, and then yesterday, while I had my little "studio" set up on the dining room table, I did another photo, using a spotlight. So you get to choose which you like more. Oh, and the first shot, of course, was with the dreaded Hipstamatic.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the second one - nothing but vase & flowers stands out more.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I get distracted by the outer lines on the Hipstamatic photo so I prefer the second one. bsk

Ken Spencer said...

Thanks for your votes. Perhaps the first one has too many distracting elements. This does NOT mean I am giving up on my Hipstamatic! :-)