Saturday, October 15, 2011

My 4s


OK, I cannot tell a lie - I got an iPhone - the new 4s. For years now people have been saying I couldn't be a REAL techno-geek if I was not using an iPhone. So I finally succumbed - my 2 year Nextel contract was just about up, and out comes the new iPhone 4s, and it is nothing short of astounding. I won't bore you with all it can do, other than tell you that you can talk to it and ask it to look stuff up on the web, or ask it to dial someone on the phone, or send a text message, which I can then dictate. More importantly, I finally have access to Hipstamatic, the iPhone application that takes old-fashioned looking photographs. I have been wanting to be able to use this app for a couple years now! The borders are an affectation, of course, but I don't care. I just love the effects. And the black & white is kind of cool. I may end up having a "Hipstamatic" week, like my famous "Sunset Week" recently. Or maybe I won't... :-)

7 comments:

Photodude Images said...

By purchasing a new iphone in the first few days of its limited availabity, you do realize that you have caused a teenager or twentysomething somewhere to endure the pain of having to wait one or two more days until the next truckload arrives. Can you imagine their horror as they arrive at the Apple store or other retailer only to be told that the last one was just sold and there are no more - and won't be until at least tomorrow. And worse yet, it was purchased by a customer twice their age. Have you no compassion?

Anonymous said...

OMG. You gave up your phone that did not do anything! Were you jealous of your wife & children? You may even give up your toy camera now & only have to carry your Iphone. :-)
Joan

ken schwarz said...

Will your new iPhone 4s roast, grind and brew your morning coffee by voice command? If so, that would really be cool. As you know I bought the iPhone 4 a couple months ago for $100- I couldn't wait for the next generation phone because I dove into a swimming pool with my old trusty Motorola W-385 flip phone during the July 4th weekend. I loved that old phone but I gotta say iPhones are very cool. My my better half (the brains of the operation) is looking to get the 4s, which might make me very jealous. Oh well, maybe she will let me touch it once and a while.

Ken Spencer said...

I probably won't sleep at night for taking a 4s away from some young kid, maybe one-third of my age! This loss of sleep will last about a minute! :-) Thanks! You're funny!

Anonymous said...

Cannot wait to switch from the 3G to the 4G - not sure about the new "s"; however, you make it sound like a must-have :-) bsk

Anonymous said...

Sam has a list of critically important apps for you, when you're ready, of course.

Ken Spencer said...

Betsey: You will want the 4s, because the straight 4 phones are only 8 GB. The 4s phones are 16 GB, minimum. The processor is the same one used in the iPad 2, and is very fast. And when you try "Siri" who you talk to, you will flip. It is *very* cool! Trust me on this.