Sunday, December 4, 2011

Looking for Something


I can't stop looking at these four pieces of tree trunk . You have seen them in another post, surrounded by beautiful fall leaves. There is SOMETHING about these pieces that I can't let go of. They are from a Lilac tree that I planted about 30 years ago. About six months ago I cut away the dead wood, and these are pieces from that. What attracts me to them, is that the branches have a twist to them. I laid them down together, because they fascinated me. I could have just thrown them out, but I didn't. I walk by them every day, and I have photographed them several times, but I can't seem to put my finger on what it is that I am trying to show. But I keep trying different views, different compositions, from close to far, and in different light. This closer view seems to be the right one, but I can't tell you why. Anyhow, here they are, and they are still a mystery to me. You might want to click on the image to see it in more detail.

No comments: