Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The New Bridge


I have done photographs of the destruction of the old Roslyn Viaduct, and the construction of the new one. I have been looking forward to photographing the finished bridge once all the construction equipment was moved away. I went by there today, and unfortunately there is still a lot of construction stuff around that ruins any attempt at a beautiful photograph. I wandered around, looking for some angle or composition that would not include the junk. I happened to glance up and saw this amazing abstraction with much of the structure in shadow, and only a narrow strip illuminated by the afternoon sun. I was stunned by how beautiful this was. I was also surprised that I didn't have to move more than a foot to get the perfect composition!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this! If it were not for the light pole, we would have a difficult time figuring out the subject...bsk