Friday, December 2, 2011

Urban Archaeology - The Store Room


I still have some pictures from my urban exploration project. This room was in the building I photographed from outside and posted a couple of weeks ago. It apparently was a plumbing supply room - thats what the bins on both sides of the room are for. There were some fittings left in some bins. I love the light in this room but it was contrasty, so I did several exposures and combined them to show more detail. The processing is called "HDR" for High Dynamic Range, for those of you who are technically inclined.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At last! You have created the first HDR image in history that actually looks to Sam the Skeptical like "the real thing!"

Ken Spencer said...

Thanks! The trick is to make it to NOT look like an HDR image.