Monday, June 3, 2013

"454 Main Street, USA"


This rock has a storied history.  I drove by this for at least 20 years on the way to the processing lab.  The people who lived in the house had it painted bright white, and had their name painted on it: "Kamen."  I can still see it in my mind's eye.  Now the bad part.  It seemed that every few months I would see that someone had thrown something onto the rock, defacing it.  Eggs, paint, and who knows what else.  The residents would patiently clean it and paint it again.  It was distressing to see it defaced constantly, though. Well the house was sold perhaps ten years ago, and I never really paid attention to the rock, until I drove by it the other day, and the setting sun was illuminating it.  The new owners have painted an American flag on it, and it appears that the rock is no longer being regularly defaced.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A nice photo and welcome address. Hope it continues to be beautiful.
Joan