Monday, June 24, 2013

The Price I Paid


You will not believe the price I paid to take this picture!  At the end of my bike ride today, I saw a photograph that I thought might make a nice infrared shot.  But I didn't have that camera with me. So I went back down to the water after dinner, which was a couple of hours later.  Everything had changed of course.  So I decided to shoot this instead.  It was nice that the two kayaks were there.  But here is the bad part - at this time of year, and this time of day, the gnats were smothering!  Man, they were all over me - on my arms and my legs and in my hair!  I couldn't believe how many there were!  I was itching for an hour afterwards!  It was not fun.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous picture and so peaceful. I like the sun's reflection on the water! Trace

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry - but the shot was worth it! bsk

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you both! When I saw the photo on my laptop, I was taken by how peaceful and beautiful it was, and that it was not taken in infrared... :-) It was worth it!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful composition, one that even exceeds the beautiful coloration.

Sam