Thursday, June 20, 2013

Industrial Infrared


After dinner tonight, when the sun was low in the sky, I decided to take the IR camera to some industrial buildings I had driven by earlier in the day.  I made a note of the buildings an thought that they might be interesting seen in infrared.  I spent about an hour at three different buildings, and a railroad station.  I may show you some others, but I like this one a lot. I guess it's because of the contrast of the dark walls of the building and the white vegetation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would be interest to see an infrared photo next to one taken with a regular camera so I can determine which is more appealing to me. This photo looks like it would have wonderful textures and color contrasts. From the few posts you've had with infrared pictures, I think they're interesting, but I still prefer the richness of the old black-and-white pix over the new tech one.

Ken Spencer said...

Interesting point. I brought my Canon 6D with me that shoots normally, and as I walked around, I did duplicate some shots, shoot some with only the Canon, and shot some with only the IR comverted camera. Unfortunately I didn't duplicate this shot. Maybe I will go back tonight after supper and shoot it with the 6D so we can all see the comparison.