Saturday, June 1, 2013

Taking Out The Garbage


I took out the garbage the other night, and as I usually do, I took a moment to look around.  As I glanced up Laurel Avenue, I saw the fog that was in the air, illuminated by the streetlights.  It was a lovely atmospheric effect, so I went and got a camera and the tripod.  I shot the original in color, but the colors in the scene were really bizarre because of the mercury vapor street light.  So I converted the image to black and white, and I like this version much better.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Ken,

This is simply stunning.

Ken Spencer said...

Wow! Thanks so much! I am always curious when I like something a lot, to see if it touches others. Worth taking the garbage late, I guess... :-)

ken schwarz said...

"Stunning" was exactly the word I thought of this morning when I first clicked on your blog - but Jackie beat me to it. So I will just say that I love this dramatic nighttime photo.