Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Thunderstorm


We had a humdinger of a thunderstorm this afternoon!  Wow, did we get a lot of water in a short time.  So rather than go out IN the rain to shoot (am I getting lazy here, or do I just want to protect my new camera?  So I decided to stay dry and shoot from the porch.  What is happening to me?   :-)  I spent about 15 minutes during the heart of the storm looking for a decent shot.  I tried a close-up of the bell you see hanging there, but I think this is just more interesting.  More colorful, more beautiful "things" in the picture, and you can see the intensity of the rain. I think it has a lovely feel to it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lazy,, but gnat-free! kind of nice out-of-the-rain but still "in it" shot.

Ken Spencer said...

Nice comment. It made me smile! Thanks

Anonymous said...

A splash of color on a dismal day is always pleasant. I think "smart" & "practical" are better than "lazy" so you won't ruin your camera in the downpour! bsk