Thursday, June 26, 2014

1 Donut, Slightly Used


I was thinking of titling this blog "The Penicillin Farm."  You probably wonder where I found this petrified (seriously) donut.  That's good, because I am going to tell you.  I was working on cleaning out the garage today.  Not only am I president of my astronomy club, but I also am the guy who buys coffee and donuts to bring to the meeting.  When I have clean cups left over, I put them in a bag and put the bag in the trunk.  Sometimes I put the bags in the garage.  I have no idea why.  So today I was throwing out the bags from the garage, and picked up one bag and looked inside, and there was this donut.  Hard as a brick.  Interesting looking thing, huh?  I know it was some kind of jelly donut.  I thought you would like to see it.  You're welcome!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

On a scale of 1-10 for having a strong stomach, you must be a 12 because I never would've had the curiosity to look inside a bag of doughnuts that had been hanging around since man first baked bread. That's what I thought this was when I first saw it - a loaf of rustic bread made with some interesting flavorings. Ugh. I seriously will not eat a doughnut now for months because this picture will haunt me whenever I see a Dunkin' Donuts! Too bad you didn't date the bag. Would have been a good archeology lesson to know how long it took to look like that.

Ken Spencer said...

There was only this one donut in the bag, and it was such a surprise to find it there. I am not sure I wold have looked if I had known what was inside it! But I am ready for a donut tomorrow, if the occasion arises!