Sunday, June 15, 2014

Accident or On Purpose?


I was goofing around with my iPhone and accidentally took this blurry image of the cat asleep in the rocking chair.  There was something about the blur and the blown out highlights in the image, and the other chair legs in the top of the image.  The dark diagonal on the left is my pant leg in blue jeans.  So yes, it was accidental.  However...


There was something about the quality of the light and the impressionistic feel to the iPhone photo.  So I thought I would deliberately try and reproduce that feeling. Why?  Because the original photograph doesn't look or feel like ANYTHING I have ever shot.  It is a completely new look, and that's what fascinates me.  I am not saying that it is one of my better images, but it is an experiment in new ways of seeing. You wouldn't believe how many pictures I had to take, to get the correct blur and the feeling that I liked!  So the other answer is, yes, this was on purpose!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, I do like the second one - I think you shot that on purpose...the closer up one. It does look futuristic.