Wednesday, June 4, 2014

What?


So this is the project I am working that I can't tell you about, until September.  I was doing another shoot, and needed to do a test photo to check my lighting.  The woman who is producing the exhibition was a stand in for the test.  I took one or two frames, then for some reason she looked down at the painting while standing behind it, and instantly I saw this and took one frame!  I can't explain what made me do it, but it was done intuitively, with no thought involved.  And I have no idea why I like this so much.  I guess because it makes no sense to look at a painting this way?  Never ask a photographer what they are up to, because they haven't the slightest idea.

4 comments:

Photodude Images said...

Was the lighting good?

ginger said...

that's what makes asking fun

ken schwarz said...

This is a classic - Love the photo!

Ken Spencer said...

The lighting was PERFECT! When I got done... :-)