Saturday, June 21, 2014

Sometimes I Am Just Plain Stupid!


I was going through some of the galleries of paintings at the Metropolitan Museum of Art on Friday, and entered this room.  I saw this scene and stopped in my tracks.  I stood there and tried to decide whether or not this was a picture!  How stupid is that?  Instead of reaching for my camera on my belt, I just stood there trying to decide!  Duh!  By the time I got my camera out, the woman had walked away!  So I chalked it up to a loss of an interesting photo.  I continued to look at some other paintings, and then walked back toward this gallery.  I was looking for the woman, and found her.  So I walked up to her and asked a favor - would she come back and pose where I first saw her.  She agreed, and I took this photograph, and showed it to her, of course, and thanked her.  That was a lot of work - I should have been quicker on the draw the first time I saw this!  What I love about this picture is the shape of the woman's head and her hair.  And the fact that it is two portraits in the same frame.  I am so thankful that she agreed to come back and pose for me.

No comments: