Thursday, June 5, 2014

My Favorite Tree


I pulled into the driveway this afternoon, and there was very soft light on the trunk of the Japanese maple tree.  It is one of those things, where I see this tree everyday, and then one day I see it differently.  I shot this in both color and in black & white, and have chosen the black & white.  It is amazing to me to see how gnarled the roots and trunk and branches are.  The tree almost has human form to it.  Please click on this to see it in more detail.  OK, so I am having second thoughts, about whether or not the black & white is the best rendition.  So I went back and found the color version.  Maybe I like the color version best.  I dunno...  Anyhow, here it is.  You decide



1 comment:

ginger said...

i like the color version better because it's easy to see that the ivy wants to go straight up high.