Saturday, June 28, 2014

Connecticut Hates You


This is Brendan, and he is my grand-nephew, or great-nephew, and he is indeed a Great nephew!  He is a SERIOUS skateboarder!  A master, and he has taken trips around the country with friends just to visit some of the classic skateboard parks.  Anyhow, we are in Connecticut visiting family, and he showed up with this shirt!  I loved it immediately, and I WANT one!  There is something, to me, really funny about it. It is not funny to some Connecticut residents - they are offended by the message.  Can you imagine that? The shirt was produced by a friend of his who has a skateboard shop.  I think the point of the shirt is that skateboarders have been denied places to use their boards in so many places both in Connecticut and in other states.  So that's the point of this.  I asked him to put his glasses on - they were perched on top of his hat - and then I asked for a serious expression as well.  I thought it went with the message on the shirt.  But I don't want to leave you with the wrong impression of Brendan, so the picture below shows the REAL Brendan! Lest you get the wrong idea about him, for several years he has worked with residents of a nursing home, and he has a natural affinity for the elderly and infirm, and loves to help them.



1 comment:

Dean said...

Ken- Cool - not only is there an accidental stereo pair in his glasses, but a third reflection of you in the picture on the wall! -Dean