Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Dandelion


At the end of my bike ride the other day, I was sitting on the bench down at the beach, and I happened to notice a dandelion on the ground, lit by the setting sun. The sun was only illuminating the blossom - everything else was in shadow.  I only had my iPhone with me for a camera, so I knew there was no way I could photograph the dandelion up close.  So I held on to the idea, and the next day, I found a dandelion in the lawn, and so brought it inside the house and made a little studio setup and illuminated it with a spotlight, and used a macro lens to get this.  Nature is just astounding, isn't she?  It is wonderful to see the incredible detail in something that seems simple at first glance.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and I think Dean will approve as it is up close.
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

You made me laugh out loud! Thanks. MAYBE this is close enough, but maybe not... :-) I will check with the boss and let you know! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! I thought of Dean also. It really is an amazing design. Most people don't like dandelions because they mess up their lawns but I have a few friends who like to eat them. To each their own!! bsk

Dean said...

Since I'm being called out on this post, yes, it is a fine shot! But my interpretation of a similar scene is here, taken from this post 2 years ago... Just sayin'!
-Dean

Ken Spencer said...

I juxt KNEW I wouldn't be close enough. Dean is tha master of this! :-)