Monday, May 11, 2015

Peas


"I eat my peas with honey
I've done it all my life
It makes the peas taste funny
but it keeps them on the knife"
               -- Ogden Nash

Kathy made a pasta dish for dinner, and it was pancetta, lemon and peas, with white wine, butter, and parmigiano reggiano, over spaghetti.  Wow!  The funny thing is, when I was eating this dish with the peas in it, I thought of this Ogden Nash poem that I memorized as a kid.  I love this poem, because it is so silly.  So then I started putting the peas on the knife, just for the heck of it, and it looked interesting, so this photograph is what resulted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laughs and a delicious sounding dinner.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! I didn't know this poem before but I love it! Peas stuck on a knife with honey - brilliant :-) Kathy's recipe does sound delicious...bsk