Monday, May 4, 2015

We Found the Kittens!



This is amazing!  Kathy found the kittens, and they are only forty feet from where they were born!  I saw a big gray male cat hanging around in the side yard, and we think he is the father of the kittens.  I chased him away, and then Kathy saw a bit of white in the ivy.  She looked closer and saw the head of the mother cat.  When the mother saw her, she took off running.  So Kathy got closer to investigate, and looking into the ivy she hollered "I found the kittens!"  The mother cat had kind of burrowed under the ivy and pulled some of it away from the wall, and that's where the four kittens are.  When I went over to look, I could only see one of them, the cover was so thick.  After I did the closeup, I backed away and photographed the scene.  There is no hint at all that the kittens could be hidden under this ivy.  So we are back to feeding the mother cat now that we know where she stays, and she is accepting of the food.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cute. Amazing how inventive mother kitty is.
Joan