Sunday, May 17, 2015

Lilly of the Valley



Kathy came in with a sprig of Lilly of the Valley from a shady corner garden in the back yard.  I forget that it grows there.  She reminded me that the original plant came from her mom's garden in Geneva, New York, and it has been in the back garden for a long time.  I forget how beautiful and delicate the blossoms are.  And how fragrant.  So I found a bud vase to put the sprig in, and I went around the house looking for the best lighting.  So here are two different versions in two different places.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I prefer the 1st photo because of soft mottled background. Love Lilly of the Valley. Wonderful that it came from Kathy's Mothers garden.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I also like the 1st photo with the soft background. I love Lily of the Valley. So fragrant! Mom had a bunch at both houses. Glad that Kathy has some from her mom's garden. bsk

Ken Spencer said...

You are both right - the first one is the best. The second one with the plain gray background is too sterile. Thanks for commenting.