Friday, December 2, 2016

A Thin Crescent Moon


It seems lately that all my blog posts result from a trip to the grocery store!  Not to disappoint you, but here we go again.  I first noticed a thin crescent moon when I went to the store before supper.  So I did this photograph with the moon, some tree branches, and a cloud which was about to cover the Moon.


Then I moved away from the tree to see what it would look like with just the Moon and clouds.


I think that this is my favorite.  When I got home, I walked out into the street in order to see the moon above the trees.  Just as I did that, some dark clouds moved in, and it felt as if I was witnessing the end of the world!  What's your favorite?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I prefer the last one. The 1st is all the branches. The 2nd is too plain. The 3rd is perfect with the tree and the threatening dark clouds looking as if they will swallow the moon! bsk

Ken Spencer said...

Good Choice! It's my favorite as well, I think because it is the most "complete."

Anonymous said...

My favorite is the last one. The softness of the clouds, the boldness of the moon and light and the detail of the trees.krs