Thursday, December 1, 2016

Lazy


I'm getting too lazy.  I went out to the car last night to get something out of the trunk, and I saw this scene.  I turned around and went back in the house.  Then I thought about it and grabbed my toy camera and went back outside.  The scene was really dark, and I didn't have my tripod, so I decided to hand-hold the camera, but I needed a high "film speed" so I set the camera at 12,800!  The normal is about 400.  So this is really grainy looking.  What I SHOULD have done, was to go back into the house, get the Canon 6D and a freaking TRIPOD and do the shot as a long exposure at 400.  Yeah, I am getting way too lazy!  Bad Ken.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a cool photo. Is that light from street lamp shining on the ground?
Joan

Anonymous said...

OK - you get a pass. You usually go looking for photos instead of just settling so you get a "freebie"!! bsk

Ken Spencer said...

That light is a way-too-bright fixture right next to the front door of the house across the street! I haven't complained, but it is way too bright. If I were going to do some astronomy from the side yard, I would call them and ask them to turn it down. I *think* that it has a bright and a dim setting.

Anonymous said...

still beautiful

diane

Anonymous said...

If that's your lazy, well...keep being lazy. Beautiful, Dad! - Amy

Anonymous said...

Lazy is good sometimes. Great shot Ken!krs