Saturday, September 2, 2017

Desperate Measures


I didn't manage to find a photograph today, so at 11 PM, with it raining outside, I went out on the front porch with my camera on a tripod, and tried a shot.  Not good enough.  So then I grabbed an umbrella, and walked down the driveway, trying something with the Japanese maple tree leaves at night.  Didn't work.  Then I focused on the wet trees down the hill, on the other side of the street.  Got something I liked.  I did not like the garish colors from the mercury vapor streetlight, so I converted it to black and white, and I like the feeling of the photograph much better.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I appreciate your persistence as I look forward to your blog posts. I was sound asleep at that hour! :-)
Joan

Anonymous said...

I agree with Joan, such persistence. Like the b&w version. Diane

Ken Spencer said...


Thank you both for your comments. the color version was garish, so that's why the black and white version.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you persisted. The bright spot of tree leaves really makes the photo. betsey