Thursday, September 7, 2017

Drive By


When I drive south from Sea Cliff, sometimes I go through Roslyn.  When I do that, I drive on a one lane road that passes by many of the historic houses.  A couple of times driving by this garden I got flashes of something interesting going on.  I was aware of Sunflowers, and some hanging-down deep magenta stuff.  Today as I passed by it finally grabbed me, and so I stopped to photograph the garden.  Because of the addition of the magenta "stuff" it really is a striking scene.  I hope you can tell me what plant that is!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such a pretty photo. I love the flowers and colors in it! Trace

ginger said...

beautiful scene, especially with the amaranth.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful gardens against this old red home. Thank you Ginger for identifying amaranth as I am not familiar with this plant.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Call me crazy, but I'd love this scene even more if the barn were weathered, its paint peeling, revealing other layers beneath. It's great that the property is well tended, but sometimes, buildings that show a little wear have so much more character.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful scene. Never saw amaranth before. It's striking. krs

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you all for your wonderful comments, and thanks to Ginger who always knows what everything is!