Friday, September 1, 2017

The Mysterious Sea


This is another of my long time-exposures long after the sun had set yesterday.  I think this was a 30 second exposure.  What the long exposure does, is allow grasses and the water to be blurred, and things like rocks remain sharp.  It is a long used technique - I remember photographing rocks and waves in Maine back when I was using a Hasselblad and shooting black and white film.  So this is new, but I wanted to experiment and see what I could do.  The coolest thing is the strange quality of the water - as the waves move through the photograph, they are blurred and the waves look kind of foggy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like both of these long exposures. Such soft light. A photograph and a painting wrapped in one. Really beautiful Diane Mc