Friday, September 8, 2017

The Gift of Flowers


The doorbell rang yesterday and a man was holding a vase of flowers.  I signed for them, but was puzzled.  It was no one's birthday, so what were they for?  I was surprised that both of our names were on the card.  Oh wait!  Our Anniversary!  Of course that is not until next Tuesday, but we will be traveling to Los Angeles on Wednesday, so that's why the flowers arrived early.  Where did they come from?  Vince and Jo Anne, in Rochester sent this beautiful arrangement!  I have never seen an arrangement before like this that is all one color, and it is stunning.  And the surprise was to see the face underneath the flowers. It gave us the "warm fuzzies!"  Thank you both!


5 comments:

ginger said...

happy (almost) anniversary!

Anonymous said...

I agree - this all-yellow arrangement in a happy face cup just makes me smile. I keep it in the kitchen where I see is every time I walk through, and it makes me happy again!
And since it was sent early, we get to enjoy it for a week before our anniversary, which is Wednesday next week. My dear dear brother and sister-in-law---thank you so much!
The wife

Anonymous said...

Beautiful arrangement and I love the smiley cup you can enjoy forever. Have a wonderful trip. Happy Anniversary.
Joan

Anonymous said...

The beautiful yellow flowers remind me of sunshine, warmth and love. Have a wonderful anniversary and a special trip!krs

Anonymous said...

I have always loved yellow roses so this arrangement is so pretty. What a cute mug, too. Great for a cloudy day...This anniversary is quite an achievement so I wish you both the best year ever celebrating all of your 50 years together!!!!! betsey