Monday, September 11, 2017

In The Garden


It is interesting how few times I actually walk over to the side garden to see how it is coming.  But when I am desperate for a blog post one of the first places I go it to the garden.  I was not disappointed today, because I found this almost perfect blossom of a Dahlia!  It is unusual to see an almost perfect blossom - there is always something not quite right - perhaps a bug has chewed part of a leaf or two, or perhaps the center of the blossom has started to deteriorate.  But not today, thankfully!  The secret of the beauty of this photograph is the soft lighting - this picture was taken about an hour after sunset.  Please click on this to see it in spectacular detail.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I have never seen such a perfect Dahlia.krs

ginger said...

luminous!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Love the pink and lavender tones branching out towards the edge. Perfect indeed. betsey

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you all for your nice comments. The flower blew me away!