Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Haunauma Bay


I am shooting photographs at a furious pace!  I had to go out today and buy a small portable hard drive in order to store everything, I have so many photographs so far.  So today we went to a magical place that is picture-perfect.  This is Hanauma Bay, on everyone's list of the best beach on Oahau.  It is made up of about 3/4 of an old volcano cinder cone, open on one side.  You can see some of the dark lava in the shallow water.  The population of fish swimming in and around the lava underwater is just astounding.  We went snorkeling and in the first minute I saw about 7 or 8 fish!  It as if I was swimming in a fish tank.  We spent most of the day there.  Then the women went downtown together, and I went exploring.  I had my heart set on hiking up Diamond Head, but the trail was closed for repairs.  I was driving back to the hotel when I saw this stone wall, with a lot of people looking over it.  There was a beach about 200 feet below the wall, and so I started taking photographs.  I did find a trail and walked down to the beach, but it was after I had hiked back up the trail that I saw this scene from above, and while I was shooting this woman walked right through my picture!  Wow!  Lucky me!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Did you all try snorkeling? I remember doing that in St. John's and it was amazing seeing all of the fish.
Joan

Anonymous said...

What fun that everyone went snorkeling. Nice photo of a beautiful beach. betsey