Wednesday, September 13, 2017

The Beginning of the End


I showed you the giant excavator parked at the abandoned office buildings located in "Village Square."  I have always photographed the scene from the rear of the buildings, rather than from the Village Square side.  So I noticed that the excavator had moved and I went looking for it, and I found it on the front side of the plaza, and it had been at work for a few days, apparently.  So I had to hold my camera over my head in order to shoot over the temporary chain link fence they have installed to keep people out of the construction site.


Then I went to the top of the parking garage, and I got a much better photograph of the whole scene, which was fun.  Here's the killer - I realized that when we get back from our trip in two weeks, all of this will be gone - I will miss the best part - the destruction of my favorite side of the complex.  At least I got this today.


No comments: