Saturday, September 23, 2017

Sunset on Maui



We left the big island of Hawaii this morning and arrived in Maui, the third and last island of our visit.  In the afternoon we drove north, along a coast road on the west side of the island.  Once again, amazing landscapes.  We stopped in the town of Lahania and wandered around the shops on the main drag.  At sunset we happened to be right by the harbor and I found this scene.  Then it was off down Front street again to look for a restaurant.  We found a wonderful fish place.  While eating dinner, I happened to see this couple, seated about two feet away from me.  We were eating in a dining room with open windows facing the bay, and tiki torches burning against the sunset sky, and a crescent moon setting.  And this couple were on their phones!  Once again, the glow of electronic screens trumps all.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sunset is so beautiful!! The second photo screams to me, but maybe inaccurately, how strange that the cell phone appears to be more interesting than the person sitting across the table! How sad! Again, though love the water scene and sunset!

Anonymous said...

Repeat anonymous comment above! I did not grow up with cell phones. Everywhere you look young people are attached to their phones, including my children. Beautiful view.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Cool sunset! I prefer your photos showing the landscapes showing off how beautiful nature can be. So glad I didn't grow up with a cell phone, either. Chatting and looking at another person is so much nicer...betsey