Saturday, November 25, 2017

Ephemeral


Well, I think I finally got a REAL photograph!  We took a trip to Manhattan today to see some things, and I will be showing you some really interesting things with future posts on the blog.  We did go through the 9/11 Memorial pools and by One World Trade Center.  Every time I see this monumental tower I take the time to do photographs of it.  Today was no exception.  I did see it in a new way, however  I had not noticed that from some points the entire side of the building appears to end in a point.  This reminded me of  the Great Pyramid of Cheops.  What makes this so interesting is that the building is seen against a sky of broken clouds AND the mirrored front of the wall is reflecting similar clouds.  The whole thing blends together in such a way that you are not sure at first what you are looking at.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is not a real photo - it's surreal! This is a fantastic photo. I absolutely love it. I wouldn't have known what building you photographed unless you explained it in your blog. The building reflecting the clouds is stunning! betsey

Ken Spencer said...

Betsey: Thank you, thank you! Yeah, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this. It is surreal.