Thursday, November 16, 2017

The Color Pink


Back when my friends Ginger and Ron were in town, Ginger and I spent the day wandering around the Metropolitan Museum of Art.  We stopped in front of a painting by Cy Twombly, and were discussing it, because we didn't "get" the painting.  This woman was sitting on the bench and she overhead us, and joined the conversation.  We all had a nice time standing around talking about art, and she didn't get the painting either.  When we were about done, I asked if I could take her picture.  She said "sure" and I did.  It was only after taking the picture did I notice that the color of her dress matched one of the colors in the Mark Rothko painting in the background!  It turns out that the woman is an artist who lives in Bermuda, and that she is spending four months in New York on a fellowship.

2 comments:

ken schwarz said...

This artist in pink appears to be very pleased to sit for her photographic portrait! Nicely done!

Ken Spencer said...

Primo, Thanks!